Sunday, February 8, 2009

Butterfinger Cake Recipe

I was reading one of my favorites blogs the other day.....Dainty Digs. Jayne is the owner of Kelly House which is the Dainty Digs she blogs about. Well, anyways, she mentioned that her family makes a cake called Butterfinger Cake. Of course I thought...cake????.....Butterfinger??? I just had to look that recipe up on the Internet and bake it.Butterfinger cake and a mug of coffee. That's R holding the checker flag in the photo on the mug.

I baked the cake and it's unanimous (R, Gavin, Barbara and I took a vote) it was the best cake we have ever tasted. This is one of those potluck, family gathering type cakes. One layer sheet cake, easy baking, and ingredients that are easy to find or you already have on hand.

Here's the recipe that I found online at Bigoven.com.

Butterfinger Cake Recipe

1 box German Chocolate cake mix (baked according to instructions on package)
1 can sweetened and condensed milk
Cool Whip for topping
5 Butterfinger candy bars
1 jar caramel topping
Chocolate syrup

Bake the cake according to package directions and in a 13 x 9 inch
pan. When it's done, and while it's still hot, punch holes in the
cake and pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure
some of it sinks in the holes.
Do the same with the caramel ice cream topping.
Sprinkle on some of the broken candy pieces.
When it's cool, spread the Cool Whip topping on the top, and then
sprinkle the rest of the broken bars. Then drizzle more caramel all
over and then drizzle chocolate syrup all over in zig zags.
Hint! Put all your candy bars in the freezer. When you're ready to
use them, take them from the freezer. Leave the wrappers on and take
a mallet or a hammer and smash them inside the wrappers. Keep cool
until you need them.

***Jayne posted her recipe on her blog so I can verify this is the recipe her family uses.

And let me say again.......This cake is good, good, good and even better the next day after all the sweetened and condensed milk, caramel sauce, and chocolate syrup has soaked in.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

It's a really good cake! Good thing I only get out to my relatives in Illinois once a year or so. Otherwise, I'd be big as a barn! lol

Sandy said...

You girls are killing me with this cake recipe! It sounds (and looks) absolutely divine!!