Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cincinnati Chili

I'm not a big chili fan. I like a bowl every now and again but since it is just R and myself a pot of chili can last in the refrigerator for almost a week. Neither of us like a very spicy chili so I won't give you my recipe since it very basic.

R mentioned the other day that he thought a bowl of chili sounded good. More than likely he had just come inside from shoveling yet again and a warm bowl of chili can work wonders on warming you up. I checked the cupboard and did not have the needed ingredients on hand so I made something else. I was thumbing through the cookbook Campbell's Simply Delicious when I noticed a recipe for Cincinnati Chili. I read the recipe and decided I'd give it a try. For those of you who have never heard of Cincinnati Chili, it is chili served on a bed of spaghetti.
I'll give it a thumbs up. I put a dollop of low fat sour cream on mine......yummy. I bet Johnny Fever would agree that this is a go to recipe when you've got yourself a case of munchies.

Baby, if you've ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I'm living on the air in Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, WKRP.

Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati....

No comments: