Saturday, March 21, 2009

Theme Post: Cheap Gadgets I had to Buy

Today is a theme post called 'Cheap Gadgets I had to Buy'.

Please check out my other two blogs to see what cheap gadgets I bought for the house and garden.Can you guess what it is???? Here's a hint. It looks rather dangerous but you actually use it on something rather delicate.....strawberries and tomatoes.

It is called a strawberry/tomato huller and I paid $2.99. Ironically I purchased this kitchen gadget at a hardware store.

I know when I hull strawberries it really isn't hulling but more like lopping off the top 1/3 of the strawberry. Strawberries can be pricey when they are out of season so theoretically if I was cutting off a 1/3 of the strawberry when hulling it, then I should be able to save a 1/3 of the price of a quart of strawberries every time I hull strawberries using this cheap little gadget. That is if I can find it in my gadget/utensil drawer.

*I apologize for the pathetic looking tomato but it was the only one in the refrigerator. Also, notice that dark spot....it's something on the lens of my camera. The larger dark spot that covers half the plate is my shadow.

No comments: