Monday, March 30, 2009

Oreo Cookie Cake

If you read my other blogs you will know that I purchased two packages of Meijer brand cookies so that I could get free Detroit Piston tickets (they lost to the Miami Heat at the buzzer). I needed a method to get rid of the cookies, without eating them all myself......and I could I tell you.....just give me a gallon of ice cold milk and I could easily polish off that package. But I'd rather not...well that's a lie...I would but I don't need the calories. Instead I baked a Oreo cookie cake.Oreo Cookie Cake Recipe

1 box devil food cake mix
1 C coarsely broken Oreo or Oreo type cookie (I broke them into pieces about dime size)
1/2C of finely crushed Oreo or Oreo type cookie (actually crumb size)

Bake cake according to package instructions except fold in 1 C of coarsely broken Oreo cookies before pouring batter into cake pans. Bake as instructions indicate but whatever you do, do not over bake.

Let cool.

I used buttercream frosting to frost the cake. Garnish top of cake with 1/2 C of finely crushed Oreo cookies.

Buttercream Frosting Recipe

4 C powder sugar sifted to eliminate hard clumps
2 sticks of softened butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Tablespoons milk...additional milk as needed 1 Tablespoon at a time

Beat butter and vanilla together. Add 1 cup of powder sugar at a time to the creamed butter. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time. Once all sugar is incorporated into butter mixture, only add additional milk if needed to obtain a fluffy consistency. Enjoy and of course by now you know I didn't save any calories by baking a cake. My intentions were good but as you know...the road to hell is paved with good intentions........pass the cake. Don't judge me.....just bake the cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I needed for my hubby's birthday! thank you so much for putting this up!