Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chicken Salad Wrap with Cream Cheese and Raspberry Jam

If you read my other blogs you will know that my sister, my niece, and I ate at the French Laundry in Fenton, Michigan last week. We all ordered the same delicious wrap sandwich called a Freudian Slip.This weekend I attempted to recreate this wonderful delesh wrap. Enjoy!!

You will need the following items....

Chicken either fresh or in a can (I used can chicken)
Red onion diced thinly (for one wrap I used one slice of a med size red onion)
Mayo
Seedless red raspberry jam
Cream cheese (I used whipped cream cheese)
Flat bread to wrap chicken salad (I used Mission brand Garden Spinach Herb Wraps)

Make chicken salad (chicken, onion, mayo) remembering to keep salad slightly dry. I made mine too runny and it dripped out of my wrap too easily.Lay out one wrap on a flat surface. Spread with a very thin layer of cream cheese. Now spread a very thin layer of seedless red raspberry jam. Think thin. You do not want either one of these flavor to overwhelm your chicken salad. Using an offset knife makes spreading a lot easier.Place chicken salad in the center of wrap. Fold each side toward the middle.Now starting at one end, roll sandwich making sure to keep all the goodness inside the wrap.Place on a plate and cut on a angle. Add a dill pickle and chips.Well, what do you think?

Here is a close up of the wrapping instructions on the back of the package. Sometimes diagrams are easier to understand.

No comments: