Monday, April 28, 2008

Rhubarb Cake Recipe

In my family the cooking gene was bestowed upon my sister Ranee, I got the tool gene. The other day she emailed me this recipe for rhubarb cake. She must also have the ESP gene because I was contemplating planting rhubarb but I really didn't have any uses for it because R and I are not crazy about rhubarb pie. Oh by the way...she got the ESP gene...I got the ESPN gene.

Here we go.....my first blog recipe compliments of my sister, Ranee.


Rhubarb Jello Cake

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c milk
1 stick margarine or butter


Melt margarine or butter, add other ingredients, making batter. Put into a greased 13x9 pan. Cover with the following fruit mixture 6 C sliced rhubarb, 1/2C sugar, 2 pkg. (3oz ea.) raspberry or strawberry jello. Bake 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until golden serve cold or warm with cool whip or ice cream.

That seems pretty easy and even I could bake this cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the best to eat for breakfast.

Blaire

Sandy said...

I'm with you on the rhubarb... yet my sister loves it. Yuck! I'm betting she would love that cake!

Jan Marie said...

Cake for breakfast??? A niece after my own heart!!!!!

Your favorite aunt, Jan