Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pork Medallions wrapped in Bacon

Recently I noticed that Meijer had little round pieces of pork on sale. I was able to buy a package with 14 pieces for $7.00 making each piece 50 cents each. I think they call these medallions.

The recipe used about a third of a package of uncooked bacon to wrap 6 pieces. I used a toothpick to secure the bacon slice in place. After seasoning each piece I placed the medallions in a hot frying pan searing both sides. After pork was seared I turned the heat down to medium low and covered. The medallions took about 25 minutes to cook. I then turned off heat and let the meat rest for five minutes before removing from frying pan and serving.
We found that two pieces were the perfect portion size when paired with a large salad and baked potato.
Next time I purchase this cut of meat, I will divide the pork into freezer bags containing 4 pieces each. I think this recipe falls under the heading of cheap and easy.

No comments: